THE JEWELLERY REGISTER LTD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) USING OUR WEBSITE
1. By using our website, you agree to these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them.
2. If you do not agree to these terms you must not use our website.
3. We recommend you print a copy of these terms and keep for future reference.
2) OTHER TERMS THAT APPLY TO YOU
1) These are additional terms that also apply to your use of this website.
4) This agreement supersedes all prior oral or written agreements
3) WHO ARE WE
1. ‘The Jewellery Register’,(also referred to in these terms and conditions but not restricted or limited to as ‘TJR’, ‘We’, ‘It’s, ‘Us’ or ‘TJR.Global’) is the trading name of The Jewellery Register Ltd (TJR Ltd).
2. TJR Ltd is a company established in England and Wales under company number 11099445, its VAT number is 292 7912 67 and its registered office is 88-90 Hatton Garden London EC1N 8PN
3a) THE CLIENT
1. The Client, also referred to in these terms and conditions as ‘You’, ‘Your’, ‘Customer’ or ‘User’.
4) CONTACTING US
1. You can contact us with any queries or complaints at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) WE MAY CONTACT YOU
1. If we need to contact you this would normally be in writing, ‘writing’ or ‘written’ includes email(s). We may also contact you by post, telephone, text message (SMS), Whatsapp or social media to alert you of a found item unless you opt out.
1. As part of the registration process relevant information is required to complete the process, if you do not provide all information required (marked by asterisks ‘*’ or ‘Required”) this may result in cancellation of your pending contract or account.
7) REGISTRATION PROCESS/CONTRACT/ACCOUNT
1. You will need to register to create an account to use our service(s).
2. An activation link will be sent to the provided email address which must be used to activate your account, this link has an expiry of 24-72hrs, if you fail to activate within this time you will need to start the registration process over.
3. Your account will be open once you have successfully used the activation link and received a welcome email.
8) BY USING OUR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO
1. TJR being a personal service.
2. Not sharing your log in credentials or allowing access to any third party whether an individual or a business to your account.
3. This service being used by Law Enforcement Agencies and/or the Police in order to prevent crime and the same agencies finding legal owners of lost or stolen items.
9) CHANGES TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. From time to time we may amend these Terms and Conditions to reflect changes in any relevant laws or regulatory requirements or to implement minor technical improvements.
10) CHANGES TO OUR WEBSITE
1. We may update and change our site to reflect changes to our products and services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
2. Although our website will be available, we do not guarantee our website will always be available or be uninterrupted.
11) LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES/LINKS TO OUR WEBSITE
1. Our website may contain links to other websites provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
2. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
12) SOFTWARE VIRUSES
1. We are not responsible for viruses and you must take reasonable steps not to introduce them.
2. We do not guarantee that our website will be free from software bugs and viruses.
3. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access our website.
4. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
1. You must keep your account details safe. Any information you are provided with as part of our security procedures must be treated as confidential. If you choose or are provided with a user identification log in code, password and/or any other memorable information you must not disclose it to any third party. Protect your information by creating a secure password, we at TJR will never request this information.
2. We reserve the right to suspend or deny access to The Jewellery Register website and services if at any time we consider that there is, has or is likely to be a breach of security or your use of our website is in any way detrimental to us or anyone else.
14) REGISTERING ITEMS/ENGRAVING
1. You warrant that:
a. The personal information which you are required to provide when you register items is true, accurate, current – and complete in all respects.
b. You are not impersonating any other person or.
c. You will notify us immediately of any changes to your personal information by contacting customer services.
2. The fact that you have registered an item on or with TJR does not mean that it is not at risk of theft or that it will be recovered and returned to you if it is lost or stolen. The police may or may not use our database on any particular occasion.
3. If the property is recovered by an organisation which uses our services, the return of that property to you by that organisation will be subject to their own policies and procedures.
4. You must only provide us with information about property that you own or for which you are contractually or legally responsible, and you are responsible for keeping that information accurate and up to date.
5. The engraving of items and the accuracy of engraving is solely your responsibility.
1. It is understood and agreed that TJR may from time to time be under a legal obligation to disclose information to any insurer of an item, loss adjuster, law enforcement agency, the police or any other party that in its absolute discretion TJR considers should be notified.
16) UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
1. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy (link)
2. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
3. Any content you upload to our site onto bulletin boards, chatrooms and discussion forums will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
4. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
5. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy (link to Acceptable Use Policy below)
4. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
17) CANCELLATION/ENDING YOUR CONTRACT
1. If you decide you no longer wish to use our services you can cancel at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
18) TRADEMARKS/COPYRIGHT/INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
2. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
3. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
4. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
6. Your acknowledgement that we own copyright etc. in our website and the TJR services: you acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in thejewelleryregister.co.uk website, The Jewellery Register services and all aspects of them are owned by us.
1. We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver our services due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
2. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage
22) COOKIES POLICY
1. We take complaints about our work, staff and level of service very seriously. If you are not entirely satisfied, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (number). We treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response.
24) LEGAL RIGHTS
1. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
2. Third parties have no rights.
3. These terms and conditions do not give any rights to anyone who is not a party to them.
2. If a court finds any part of this contract to be illegal, the rest will continue in full force as each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operates separately.
26) ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards (link to Content Standards).
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use (link to terms and conditions)
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
◦ any part of our site;
◦ any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
◦ any software used in the provision of our site; or
◦ any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
• Chat rooms and discussion forums.
• Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards (link to content standards), whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
TJR will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
• Be accurate (where it states facts).
• Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
• Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
• Be defamatory of any person.
• Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be in contempt of court.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from TJR, if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
• Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
• Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.